Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Can the limit of 100 images in a PDF be increased!?

Joseph Campos
Joseph Campos ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I currently have a work process where each of our projects has a sheet that tracks tasks with an image in the grid for each row. Our image in the grid count is consistantly growing past the 100 limited when printing to PDF, but this automated email Report PDF is how we deliever our weekly update to our clients. Can this limit be increased, and if not does anyone know of a work-around?

Below is the article that decribes the limit that has stopped our work process in its tracks:

(http://help.smartsheet.com/articles/2262003-adding-images-to-grid-view#Working_With).

Thank you,

Joseph

Comments

• Hello Joseph—

There currently isn't a way to increase or get around the 100 image limitation when exporting a sheet to PDF.

I'll get your vote down for an increased limitation on the number of images in the export.

For now, you may need to consider dividing these up amongst multiple sheets.

• Hi Shaine thank you for your response.

May I ask specifically what is the limiting factor (File size, page load time, etc.)?

The reason I ask is because it appears this limitation is not in alignment with the function of this feature. For example, in your how-to articles it describes using this feature to make a company contact list with photos, but if this PDF was emailed to Mark Mader he would only see photos of the first 100 of 200+ Smartsheet employees. The same logic applies for the property maintenance request showcased on the release page for this feature. 

• Shaine Greenwood
    Shaine Greenwood Employee
    edited 11/04/16

Hi Joseph—

We've set this limit specificially for performance reasons when generating the PDF, as there are moments when the browser must temporarily store cached information from our servers before the PDF is made.

We decided to set a hard limitation on this that our Developers have tested to work smoothly, versus not setting a limit (or pushing back the limit) and having a PDF that doesn't appear as expected, or worse, doesn't open.

A few other possible options: 

Share the sheet with the Sharing tab at the bottom, making other users Viewers so they can't edit the sheet: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/520104-sharing-sheets

Publishing the sheet as read-only and providing the published link: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/522078-publishing-smartsheet-items

But again, I've got your vote down for us to look at how we can increase the limit and preserve the stability of the feature.

• ASmith
    ASmith ✭✭

Is there any planned updates with this? I'm trying to print a sheet with thumbnails. Even exporting into google sheet or excel , the 100 photo limit is still in place.

This discussion has been closed.