How do I create a report that sums totals from my sheet?

Christina Riley
Christina Riley ✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi, I need to create a report that sums up the totals of each quarter on a report. How do I do this? I would normally use a pivot table in Excel for this, but I'm not sure how to recreate that same functionality in Smartsheet. 

Capture.PNG

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

You can't calculate on a report, so you have to do the calculations on the sheet or another sheet with the help of cell-linking or cross-sheet formulas.

Would that work?

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Y M
    Y M ✭✭✭

I am also trying to figure this out... I have inbound leads entered in a form to a spreadsheet and I want to total out per month by type of industry and total inbound leads entered to start with...

1.) How would I do this on this same spreadsheet?

2.) And how can I incorporate this as a "trend/insight" on a chart via a Sales Dashboard?

Thanks in advance! @Andrée Starå

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Christina Riley & @Y M 

Hope you are fine, you can create a report of your sheets and use the group and summary tab on the report design to group and sum by any category you need, the following screenshot for one of my report show what am talking about.

Sum

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"