Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Answered: How to offset a date picker

Bevan
Bevan
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

Hello SC,

I have a staff request for leave smartsheet.

I want to have the date picker 2 weeks forward, so that you cannot select a date within the immediately following 2 weeks.

So, any date up to 2 weeks from now should be greyed out.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Hi Bevan, it sounds like you are looking for a data validation function which we do not support at this time but I will submit your suggestion for this request. You could add a note to your sheet or the web form (if you use one) that the selected dates must be at least two weeks in advanced. 

• To Travis' you could also add a conditional format.

1. Select column for condition

: it will be the date you want to control

2. Define custom criteria

: is in the next (days) ......14

Then  define format (e.g. orange font on a red background) and apply it to the date column where the wrong data  is located.

It doesn't fix the issue the royal way you would expect but it increases the awareness and Travis' comment will lead people to a better choice.

• Thanks,

I'll work around it for now, but yes, data validation is a needed mod.

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Conditional formatting would be a good indicator of the date being within the next 14 days, but as time progresses, “today” will eventually be within 14 days of whatever date is selected and will trigger the formatting rule. Just something to consider if you choose to use this!  

• I throw in my support of this feature. I want clients submitting a web form to be denied selecting a due date for their project within 4 weeks of the current date. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.