Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

See summarized duration/ % for header tasks

Options
Kris Jacek
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

I have created a master sheet that links all my project gantt charts.

Unfortunately I cannot see the summerized totals - is this available as an automatic function? 

I've been manually typing it in, but I'll have a lot of projects so this would be great if it was automated!

project summary1.JPG

project summary2.JPG

Comments

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    edited 07/22/15
    Options

Hi Kris, if dependencies are enabled parent rows will automatically show a weighted average of child row percent complete values. If your child rows are blank, the parent row will be blank as well. Try adding percent complete values to your child rows. If your parents rows are not rolling up, then its likely your percent complete column isnt associated with your dependencies. You can fix this by right clicking on a column header and select Edit Project Settings > Dependency Settings > Options > % Complete column > select your % Complete column here.  

As for duration, the parent row Start Date will automatically show the earliest child row Start date and the End date will show the latest child row End date (if dependencies are enabled). The Parent row duration is the number of days between the parent row Start and End Date (not a sum of child row durations). 

This discussion has been closed.