Move Row Automations

Options

I have 2 move row automations set on a sheet and one is working fine and the other is not, has anyone experienced this? Both automations are set the same way, based on a checkbox within a specific cell on the row and are set to occur upon the trigger. Thoughts on why one would not work and the other would? The one not working was triggered 6 hours ago, so if there was a system lag I imagine it would have been resolved by now.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Answers

• sean59916
    sean59916 ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

Do the checkbox cells contain a formula? or are they manually checked?

I had an issue where checkboxes driven by a formula weren't moving the rows as i had expected - this is the response i got from support when I logged a case..."Currently most automated workflows cannot be triggered by cell link or formula-driven changes. However, we do have that capability on the roadmap."

Hope this helps,

Sean

• Cinda.q
    Cinda.q ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sean-

My checkbox is not formula driven, it is just a manual action to check it. Any other thoughts?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Cinda.q,

Could it be that both workflows "zero" each other out? I had a client recently with a similar issue, and it was because different Workflows triggered before the move one.

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Cinda.q
    Cinda.q ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Andree-

Let me know if these screenshots assist with the troubleshooting.