COUNTIFS results in Zero (and NOT for same reason as in rsmith's question)

Options

Why am I getting no errors, but a 0 (expressed as a percent as formatted) when using the following formula?

Please note that I am NOT the person who named these columns or the list of values therein, but you've gotta work with what you're given, right?

Here's the formula:

=COUNTIFS([SF Phone decom'd/removed]2:[SF Phone decom'd/removed]99, ="Done - all phone needs met", [SF Phone decom'd/removed]2:[SF Phone decom'd/removed]99, ="N/A" / COUNT([SF Phone decom'd/removed]2:[SF Phone decom'd/removed]99))

Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• khankoff
    khankoff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

FYI - I'm now wondering whether it's because I'm referencing the same range twice in one formula before I use the count. If that's the case, then I need to know how to identify two criteria in one column reference.

• khankoff
    khankoff ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/12/20
    Options

I may have solved my own problem. Please have a look at this formula, and tell me what is wrong with it that hasn't yet come to bite me on the butt. Seems to be working, but I am leery...

=SUM(COUNTIF([SF Phone decom'd/removed]2:[SF Phone decom'd/removed]99, "N/A"), COUNTIF([SF Phone decom'd/removed]2:[SF Phone decom'd/removed]99, "SF phone decom'd & removed")) / COUNT([SF Phone decom'd/removed]2:[SF Phone decom'd/removed]99)

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!