Approval Workflow: Rejection "Alert Someone" not working

Options
2»

Answers

• David Gill
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hopefully final update for those that find themselves in a similar position

After the above test, I returned to my sheet that was not working. I entered data into the form and submitted. The full workflow with the 'alert someone' if declined now works. Again, I did not do anything to resolve this. It has just resolved itself over a 24 hours period, which mirrors the experience of Silvia above.

Frustrating, as I spent many hours trouble shooting for no reason. But happy it now works as it should!

• beth eckard
    Options

I am having this problem for both approval and denial if i set it to alert someone nothing happens if i set up to request for an update - email is generated please can some one advise

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hey @beth eckard

Can you post screen captures of your full set-up, but block out sensitive data?

• beth eckard
    Options

So if the action's Alert don't get an email alert but if action is request update that person gets email alert

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hey @beth eckard

A few things to check here! 🙂

1 - If you're using your own email to test, make sure that your personal settings allow for Alerts if you're the person who triggered the workflow:

If this box is un-checked, you won't receive Alerts but you would receive Update Requests as they're not "notifications". Does that make sense?

2 - If that's not the issue, double check the values that are in those columns to make sure they're really Contact values, recognized by a workflow.

3 - Check the Notification in the Smartsheet app ... are you receiving the alerts within Smartsheet, but not in your email? In this case, the emails aren't being received likely due to Security settings. Here's more information: Issue: Email not received from Smartsheet

Cheers,

Genevieve