Why do some reports/sheets return 1006 "Not Found" when trying to access?

Options
Simonas Stilius
edited 04/16/21 in API & Developers

I am making the simple "sheets/[sheet id]" and "reports/[report id]" calls and some of them return 1006 "not found". I have access to these sheets/reports from the Smartsheet UI, and obtain the ID through properties as before. There does not seem to be any pattern to the ones which return 1006. Even the ones I do manage to call, some are ones which I am editor, others where only viewer.

Note that I am getting the same issues when making the calls using my application and also Postman.

Is this a bug or something else I am unaware of?

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Simonas Stilius

The 1006 "not found" error usually occurs if either the item has been deleted or your account doesn't have sharing access to that specific item. (See: 400-Level Error Codes)

It's difficult to identify if there's another issue without seeing your request and knowing a bit more about the specific sheets/report. If you can confirm your account is shared to these items and you're using the correct ID, I would recommend reaching out to Smartsheet Support with screen captures of the error, the IDs that are returning this, and your exact requests.

Thanks!

Genevieve