Uploading Dropdown Choices from a source file in Data Shuttle

DavidG_WFIACN
DavidG_WFIACN ✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

What format does the source file need to be in order for Data Shuttle to upload dropdown choices? I know it needs to be a .csv or Excel file, but what does that file look like? All all values in a single entry or are they delimited? Maybe I am missing something, but this is not very clear to me.

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @DavidG@WFI

Each value would need to be in its own cell/entry in order for Data Shuttle to identify it as a separate value to input, like so:

Then you can map this column to your column with the dropdown values:

And it will update the Column Properties to contain your new values:

Let me know if you need any more help setting this up!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Joachim Mund
    Joachim Mund ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Genevieve,

how can I import a contact list?

Neither "Joachim Mund (joachim.mund@xyz.de)" nor "Joachim Mund <joachim.mund@xyz.de>" worked for me. The whole strings is imported as the name and not split into Name / Mail.

Thank you for your help, Joachim

May be @Andrée Starå has a solution?

• Genevieve P.

Hi @Joachim Mund

@Andrée Starå may have a better solution, but the way I've done this is by simply using the email:

joachim.mund@xyz.de

This will import it as an email available to select as a contact in the cell. Although there will be no name associated with it, if you hover over the email you should see the full contact information (as this is synced with the email for the user versus the name). Will that work for you?

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Joachim Mund
    Joachim Mund ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Genevieve P Thank you for your answer,

yes, this will work for me. Although it is important to see the real name.

Think of someone has "somethingelse@mail.com" and his name is Thomas Smith :-)

Cheers, Joachim

• Joachim Mund
    Joachim Mund ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Genevieve P I found a workaround which helped me to copy and paste a lot of contacts in a contact list with name AND email.

1. change type of field from contact list to single selection list
    2. paste a lot of contacts like "Thomas Smith <somethingelse@mail.com>" (without double quotes)
    3. change type of field to contact list

Thats all!

• Genevieve P.

Hi @Joachim Mund

I'm glad you found a solution! Thanks for sharing.