Automation Advanced Options

Options

I was automating a sheet and "Please set the approval settings via 'Advanced Options' popped up before I could save it so I clicked into "Advanced Options", but even after editing them, it won't allow me to save it.

I receive another pop up that says "Enter unique dropdown text values, and unique button text values"

No matter how many times I try to change everything , the pop up won't go away or let me click "OK". Please help.

Tags:

Best Answer

• Kimberly Loveless
    Kimberly Loveless ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

My only thought is that there needs to be 3 options in that column rather than just yes or no like I see here.

Typically Submitted, Approved, and Denied are all showing as options (as the default)

Answers

• Kimberly Loveless
    Kimberly Loveless ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

My only thought is that there needs to be 3 options in that column rather than just yes or no like I see here.

Typically Submitted, Approved, and Denied are all showing as options (as the default)

• Sarah Salazar
    Options

Thank you Kimberly, it mystifies me why there has to be 3 options. but it worked! Thank you again.

• Senior Todo
    Options

I get the same error message when attempting to create additional workflows that require approval AND use an existing approval column. I have multiple change controls I'm trying to create and I should be able to have the approvals in the same column, shouldn't I??

• Seth
    Options

Senior Todo, I have the same workflow; however, I place the multiple approvals into separate columns and have the approvals cascade as they move through the approval workflow. Kimberly's note above was also helpful.

• Jen Vaihinger
    Options

@Senior Todo You need to have a unique option listed in the approval column you want all of the approvals to go to for each of the three statuses for each of the workflows that require approval. Then you can set these as the options for each of the approvals you are trying run

• rajitha
    Options

Your comments gave me a clue to understand what should be corrected. But how? I encountered the same issue. In "When Submitted" Tab it shows only two options, but I need "submitted" there. How you guys overcame this issue?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @rajitha

I hope you're well and safe!

Do you have another Approval referencing the same column?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.