Lock All Rows In a Sheet Past X Rows

Hi,

I'm using SmartSheet to event manage. I only want to allow 30 registrants per sheet, thus I want to be able to lock all rows past row 30. How can I do this? I've tried setting automation to lock all rows where a helper column is blank but this doesn't work.

How can I lock all rows to the bottom of SmartSheet's limit past row 30?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Advm

I hope you're well and safe!

How are you populating the sheet? Is it by forms or directly in the sheet?

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Advm
    Advm ✭✭
    edited 06/14/21

The sheet is populated directly into the sheet - not forms. To provide context, imagine a sheet with only one column visible (the rest are all hidden). Within this single column, I want to be able to lock all rows starting from 31.

As mentioned, I am using this for event management and within rows 1-30, I will have users open the sheet and enter their name in any cell within rows 1-30, and then save the sheet. Once done, they have registered for the event.

The challenge is that I can only allow 30 registrants per sheet, thus I want to lock all rows past 31 to prevent additional registrants. I've tried locking all rows down to about 1500 but noticed that users somehow are able to get down to row 1501, which is unlocked, and register themselves.