Workspace Shares - API (cURL) Error 1004 - Not Authorized to Perform This Action - 403 Forbidden

Hi all,

I'm getting following error when trying to GET a list of workspace shares (GET /workspaces/{workspaceId}/shares)

"errorCode": 1004,

"message": "You are not authorized to perform this action."

The same happens when trying to GET a specific workspace share (GET /workspaces/{workspaceId}/shares/{shareId})

Following works using the same token:

Delete a workspace share using the same token and cURL (DELETE /workspaces/{workspaceId}/shares/{shareId})

GET a list of workspace shares using PYTHON API

GET a specific workspace share using PYHTON API

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong or why the cURL call doesn't let me do the same thing as the PYHTON call?

Thanks, Thomas

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Thomas Taresch

There should be no difference between how the same request (Get Workspaces) is sent between cURL and Python.

If you're receiving an error through cURL, is it possible that you're not using the same token or that the token isn't properly being set/passed when using cURL? Or you could be experiencing some clashing between environment variables and explicit parameters on the request.

If this still isn't working for you, I would recommend reaching out to Smartsheet Support with the full request so they can troubleshoot with you in a private channel.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• @Genevieve P

Thanks for the response. It must be something else. I used Postmaster to trial and I just switch from 'GET' to 'DELETE' using the same token it will successfully delte a workspace, but I keep getting an error if I try to list the workspace shares.

Have you tried the API yourself with cURL and got it working?

Cheers,

Thomas

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Thomas Taresch

No, I was unable to personally test with cURL; what you're describing is unexpected behaviour then, if you can Delete but not Get.

Please contact Support by filling out this form here with the full request or even a screen recording if possible!

Thank you,

Genevieve