Counting checkbox's for children without counting the parent

OK I am new to building formulas like this and everything I keep trying gives me errors like "UNPARSEABLE" and "BLOCKED". How would I set up a formula for this?

If the "Is there a color image?" box then the row will be counted.

My goal is to have a total count of images that we have a color version for. the URL is on a row of its own and when every child is checked under each URL then the URL checkbox is checked. I want to count all the checked boxes except for the URL checkbox, I want to know the total amount of images as well (checked or not) and I would love to see a percent of what has been completed

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Natasha Henman

Hope you are fine, did you mean you want the following:

1- count all checked boxes at child rows level only.

2- count all rows at the child rows level.

3- calculate the percentage of the checked child against the total child rows

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• @Bassam Khalil Doing good over here, and number 3 sounds the most like what I am doing. We want a way to see how many more images that we have left to find. When I have it count all the check boxes then it adds the parents checkboxes as well, which changes the number by about 300.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!