Yahoo Notifications

Nick Burrus
Nick Burrus ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Has anyone had any issues with getting alerts sent to Yahoo emails as of the last month? All of our Yahoo users are reporting nothing is coming through.

Dr. St Nicholas Burrus DHA, PMP

I build Smartsheets for the US Government, State Government, and about a dozen of the US Fortune 100s.

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Thank you for the clarification! That definitely sounds like unexpected behaviour for that specific account.

At this point I would contact Smartsheet Support with all of these details and the troubleshooting steps you tried. They will be able to look into that specific user's account in a private channel. It would be helpful for them if you could identify one of the most recent workflows/notification alerts you've tested, with the Workflow ID, Sheet URL, and the date/time of the trigger.

Answers

• Genevieve P.

Hi @NBurrus

I haven't heard any specific reports on alerts not being received by Yahoo emails; is it possible that there was an update to Yahoo's spam/junk filters and automated alerts are being filtered out?

I would suggest having your Yahoo users check to see if the alerts are being received within their Smartsheet account. If they are, have them review this Help Article which goes through email domains to approve: Issue: Email Not Received from Smartsheet.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Nick Burrus
    Nick Burrus ✭✭✭✭✭✭

We did an indepth troubleshooting with Yahoo Mail Support and that article.

We were unable to get any alerts emailed to her Yahoo email. But, when we made a test account it worked flawlessly. We checked spam fitlers, white listed the email, and more. But, when we added an email alias to her yahoo account (another yahoo alias) and it worked flawlessly. From what we can tell is that Smartsheet potentially blocked emails from going out to the said email account for some reason, maybe a bug with the alerts settings or something to the old email?

I build Smartsheets for the US Government, State Government, and about a dozen of the US Fortune 100s.

• Genevieve P.

Hi @NBurrus

Yes, that does sound like there may be a setting blocking emails going to that specific address! Have you checked their Personal Notification Settings for that account? Is it possible that they either unsubscribed from specific workflows or turned off the ability to receive emails from Smartsheet in their Notification preferences?

• Nick Burrus
    Nick Burrus ✭✭✭✭✭✭

We did. Nothing in it. We checked the white lists, added as a friend, etc.

The weird thing is invitations go through! Notifications don't! All of their notifications settings are turned on. I added an alternate to this contact, and the alias going to the same yahoo email account, so basically Smartsheet had to "send" it to a different email, but it gets sent to the same email with forwarded metadata. It arrived.

This suggests that the block is coming from Smartsheet's end. Not yahoo's.

• Genevieve P.
    Answer ✓

Thank you for the clarification! That definitely sounds like unexpected behaviour for that specific account.

At this point I would contact Smartsheet Support with all of these details and the troubleshooting steps you tried. They will be able to look into that specific user's account in a private channel. It would be helpful for them if you could identify one of the most recent workflows/notification alerts you've tested, with the Workflow ID, Sheet URL, and the date/time of the trigger.

• Nick Burrus
    Nick Burrus ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Genevieve P after a discussion with a live Smartsheet person, it was indeed a block from Smartsheet side! Not sure what they did, but it works now! :)

• Genevieve P.

Hi @NBurrus

Thank you for following-up and letting me know, I'm glad you were able to resolve it with Support!