New Forms Custom Branding and Styling, available now!

Morgan Kozol
Morgan Kozol Employee
edited 11/25/21 in Product Announcements

Hi Community, 

We launched some exciting updates to Forms today at ENGAGE! In case you weren’t able to tune in, we wanted to share them more broadly with our online community of form users and builders. 

So, what’s new?

You can now customize your forms with a custom background color, image, or gif, and add a custom logo to showcase your brand for respondents. The best part is, this can be done at the form level, meaning you can have different forms in the same sheet that have their own unique branding. 

• To get started, choose the ‘Format Background’ icon.
  • From there, you can choose a background color, or an image or gif.
  • You can also add a custom logo by hovering over the default Smartsheet logo and clicking ‘Change logo’.

These enhancements are available now to sheet owners or admins on Business plans and above. You can learn more by checking out our help article

We’d love to see the awesome new forms you’ve made! Feel free to share them in the comments below. 

You can also stay informed by Subscribing to receive release notes for curated news of recently released product capabilities and enhancements for the platform of your choosing, delivered to your inbox. As new releases occur, you will receive a daily email with news of what's released. (Emails will only be sent daily, Monday-Friday, as new releases are available).

Cheers,

Morgan

Tags:

Comments

• Nick Burrus
    Nick Burrus ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 10/26/21

@Morgan Kozol Is there a way that we can control the text color over the image?

Dr. St Nicholas Burrus DHA, PMP

I build Smartsheets for the US Government, State Government, and about a dozen of the US Fortune 100s.

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Morgan Kozol 

Great add on, but did you have any information about any other coming enhancement ( For report printing - for Dashboard - for permissions ).

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Agree! @Morgan Kozol are there any additional updates to forms (or other areas) we can anticipate soon? I'd love the ability to use form logic with more than one filter, hide fields vs. show them (like in dynamic view), and have some additional control when it comes to text formatting.

• J Tech
    J Tech ✭✭✭✭✭

@Morgan Kozol Thanks for update - do you have the recommended sizes for the background images?

Regards

J Tech

If my response has helped you in any way or provided a solution to your problem, please consider supporting the community by marking it as Insightful, Vote Up, or Awesome. Additionally, you can mark it as the accepted answer, which will make it easier for others to find a solution or get help with a similar issue in the future. Your support is greatly appreciated!
  • Sameer Karkhanis
    Sameer Karkhanis ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Morgan Kozol

Background and logo customizations are welcome updates to the forms feature!

Observation: The title shows white font color on the customer background in the preview but when the form is actually accessed via the URL the font color of the title is black making it unreadable. Hopefully this will be fixed.

I would also like to see 2 column support in the forms layout.

• Nick Burrus
    Nick Burrus ✭✭✭✭✭✭

If you have a dark background, how do we make our text lighter? Sometimes it switches to white sometimes it doesn't.

Dr. St Nicholas Burrus DHA, PMP

I build Smartsheets for the US Government, State Government, and about a dozen of the US Fortune 100s.

• Mel McDonald
    Mel McDonald ✭✭✭✭

I cannot center the company logo on the Side-by-Side layout for the Form. It looks pretty bad not having that capability. Is there anything I can do fix this?

Melissa McDonald | PMP, PMI-ACP, CCMP, MSPM, VOSB, WOSB

Smartsheet Partner & Certified Solution Consultant

706.580.7250 | melissa@thesmartpm.pro

https://thesmartpm.pro

Schedule a call: https://calendly.com/melmcdtsp