Lead Tracking In Smartsheet

I need to be able to track leads sources in Smartsheet.

There is currently no ability to passthrough the URL of the embedded page for UTM parameters.

None of the options for fields support scripts to manually pull that URL for example;

<script>

document.getElementById("demo").innerHTML = 

"The full URL of this page is:<br>" + window.location.href;

</script>

Essentially we're blind to the source of the leads unless we create 5000 versions of the same form and direct traffic from every single source to designated landing pages with unique forms.

Long term this is a super essential metric we'll need to someone find a workaround for unless Smartsheet adds support/

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @benhamilton1

I hope you're well and safe!

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• The process I am trying to complete is a simple matter of capturing the URL of the page on which our smartsheet form is filled out and submitted.

• Etienne Mermillod
    Etienne Mermillod ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Tacking calling url and or optionnal url parameters can't be done with smartsheet forms. If you are interested in custom form that plug into smartsheet, please contact @James Harris who made such forms.

• I don't see any contact options on that profile but thank you.

Hopefully @James Harris is active on these forums?

• Hi Ben. As Etienne said, I don't think there's a way to do this with Smartsheet forms.

However, we can create you a bespoke form that will do what you need. The exact details of how we grab the parent url depends slightly on how and where the form is embedded. The basic upshot though is that we can do it, either by grabbing the parent url (if that's accessible to the child window) or by having a unique id on each embedded form that identifies it. Either way, it will send to the same target sheet in Smartsheet and will identify the source.

If you get in touch with us at Smarter Business Processes (dot com), we can set up a call for next week (I'm away this week!).

Thanks,

James

CTO, Smarter Business Processes

• For the benefit of anyone having the same issue that finds this forum.

The best solution I've found is to use JotForms with the automate.io integration to smartsheet.

JotForms is working great and will pull the URL and pass through.

It also generates the form in script rather than iFrame to cut down on issues there.

You only pay if you have high volume.