Anyone able to publish IN card view WITH a filter active?

Dale Murphy
Dale Murphy ✭✭✭✭✭✭

... at level 2 or level 3??

(Hopefully I have successfully redacted most of that URL)

I tried pasting a filter onto the end of a published URL. The page opened fine but ignored the filter id. I can activate the filter, but I do not want my users to have to do so.

ps. it would be nice to get the right card level too!

Dale

Best Answer

Answers

• Dale Murphy
    Dale Murphy ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks @Genevieve P, I guess an answer is an answer even when it is no ;)

The release notes give no clue as to when this feature will be available. Any timeline?

Cheers,

Dale

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @DMurphy

The video I linked to from the Engage Keynote this past October mentions that the goal for the release of Card View in Reports is January, 2021, but there's no specific timeline so this may shift. Subscribing to the release notes page is the best way to make sure you're informed as soon as it is available.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Hello, was this added to the January 2021 release? If not, any idea when the capability to get a link to a sheet that will open in card view with a filter applied AND sorted by swim lanes?

Thanks.

• Dale Murphy
    Dale Murphy ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Sandra Unger I can now save a URL that contains opens a sheet in card view with a filter applied. The URL also contains the card view level and view by column info.

Note that I wrote "open a sheet". This is not quite the same as publishing a sheet, but if your user community is shared to the source anyway (even just as viewers) the experience is the same if not better.

Dale

• Sandra Unger
    Sandra Unger ✭✭✭
    edited 11/03/21

@Dale Murphy Thank you for your response! I was doing it incorrectly. When I did it through File>Properties>Sheet Link. It worked.

Appreciate the help!

Sandi

• Dale Murphy
    Dale Murphy ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Sandra Unger I have not used that approach. It sounds like the logical way to go, but it doesn't behave the way i would expect either.

What I do is actually change the sheet layout to match what I want. So I go to Card view, choose the level and lane I want, even pick a filter. The URL then contains all these details, in part:

... ?view=card&filterId=80531258xxxxxx&cardLevel=0&cardViewByColumnId=6000xxxxxx ...

If I use this URL to go to the sheet, or send it to others (who are shared to the sheet) it opens the way I want.

Make sense?

dm

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Dale Murphy @Sandra Unger

I hope you're well and safe!

Woohoo! It's finally here! Card View in Reports! 

Card view is now available in reports! Combine your project sheets into one report, then view in card view to quickly answer questions like:

• Which tasks are high priority?
    • How many issues are in the Implementation stage?
    • Which designer has the most requests?

Align the whole team on priority by dragging cards within a lane to save card ranking – without affecting the order of the underlying data in grid view. Learn more.

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi @Dale Murphy ,

Hope you are doing well! Your approach of using card view URL that contains .. ?view=card&filterId=80531258xxxxxx&cardLevel=0&cardViewByColumnId=6000xxxxxx ... is working for a single view. We have a scenario where we want to set the card view level, filters, view by column differently for different users for the same sheet. We want that when 5 different teams open the sheet using such URLs they see the view thats specific for them.

Is this possible with Card View? Strangely we met a team who is using this approach since the last year and half, but they say it stopped working for them. Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Tanya.

• Dale Murphy
    Dale Murphy ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Tanya Pammy Sorry, I seem to have missed your message from December.

I suppose if you laid out each of the views you wanted and captured the URLs you could send each team a unique URL. It probably depends on what is different in each view, but if you can lay out the view the URL should match.

You could have a list of links on a dashboard that had labels for each unique view, maybe by team name! Otherwise, I'm not sure how you would publish or distribute these views.

Or did you want the URL to be dynamic in some way and recognize who was opening the view!!??

dm