Automated Workflow --Multiple conditions with And Function--

Options

Hi,

I am trying to create an automated workflow with two conditions and I want those two conditions to be met at the same time, however, I can't seem to switch from "Or" to "And".

Notification Type is alert someone and Trigger mechanism is when rows are added or changed.

Thank you in advance for the support

Tags:

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Cemil Binlik

Will there be a possibility of only one of the cells being changed without the other?

If you're looking to ensure the Alert only runs when both conditions are met, you'll want to add a Condition Block instead of building it into the trigger. (See: Condition Blocks: Filter What Your Automated Workflows Send)

For example, you can have the Trigger be that the Line 1 PO Status changes to "Submit Receive", then add in a Condition Block to say that the PO status has to be "Dispatched" for the Alert to run.

However keep in mind that if the "Submit Receive" is input, and then the Status is changed 10 minutes later, this wouldn't send anything because it wouldn't have the correct condition at the time of the trigger.

If you know that the PO Status will always be changed after the Line 1 PO Status, you may want to swap this around:

If you're not sure which one will be changed first and there may be a gap between the changes, you could keep the OR in your Trigger, then use the Condition block to add the AND:

Let me know if this helps! If not, it would be useful to know a bit more about your process and how the two cells would be changed.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers