Smartsheet workflow copies row before all columns are stored by an AppSheet app

Joachim Mund
Joachim Mund ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have an AppSheet app which saves its data including two pictures into a smartsheet sheet.

This smartsheet sheet has a workflow which copies the each new row to another table.

Sometimes the row is copied before all pictures are saved. I don't know why.

Does anybody has an idea how to fix this problem?

Thank you, Joachim

Answers

• Hi @Joachim Mund

What is the Trigger for your Copy Row Workflow? It sounds like it may be set to copy the row "When rows are added", however your app is updating cells with the images after the row has initially been added.

What I would do is set up a helper column the sheet that checks a box once both images have been populated. Then you can run the Copy Row workflow based on when that checkbox changes to checked. Will that work for you?

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Joachim Mund
    Joachim Mund ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you @Genevieve P. ,

this sounds good, but will not work because the photo images are optional :-(

Any other idea? Delay e.g. 30 sec. is not possible as I know

• Hi @Joachim Mund

Ah, thank you for clarifying.

Ok, what if you set up a Change Cell Workflow so that it checks that box when a new row is added? Then you can have the Copy Row Workflow be triggered by that checkbox.

It should give your row around 30 seconds to have any other updates applied before copying the row, but there still may be occasions where the Smartsheet workflows run faster than your outside application.

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now