Text to different Rows - Split by delimiter.

prathap.krishnashetty69881
prathap.krishnashetty69881 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 02/24/20 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi,

I have a [email protected] value in the column Zone1 separated by a delimiter which needs to be split into different rows as a list of values similar to column Zone1new. Could i get help on this?

Best Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

THIS SHEET provides a solution for parsing a comma delimited text string down a column.

thinkspi.com

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

THIS SHEET provides a solution for parsing a comma delimited text string down a column.

thinkspi.com

• Hi Paul, I used the same method but unable to parse the list. Not sure, what went wrong!

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Remove the VALUE function form the formulas in the List column.

thinkspi.com

• Great! thanks so much, its working now. I got my solution. Most Appreciated🙏.

• @Paul Newcome Hi, I am also trying to parse a list of comma separated names down a column. I had a question about your solution, how are you able to use a circular reference and not get an error in the string column?

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Chandlerw I don't have any circular references. Are you able to pinpoint exactly where the circular reference is coming from?

thinkspi.com

• Hello, I am new to smartsheets and have been looking for a way to split text in a row delimited by a "," into rows in a separate column. Unfortunately the sheet that provides a solution for parsing a comma delimited text string down a column is no longer available. Would you be able to share this sheet again @Paul Newcome ? Thanks so much. Appreciate your help!