Use Enter/Return and Concatenate for joining fields

Options

Dear Smartsheet Community,

Do you know how to add a "Enter/Return" into the concatenate formula?

=[Column1]1 +"[return/enter]"+ [Column2]2 + ": "+ "[return/enter]" + [Column3]3 + ": "+ [Column4]4

= "Hi Team," + "[return/enter]" + "Below is the status for the task" + ": "+ "[return/enter]" + "Name of the person"+": "+ "Vineet"

to display

Hi Team,

Below is the status for the task:

Name of the Person: Vineet

Best Answer

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/26/22 Answer ✓
    Options

Hey @Vineet

I think you are referring to a line break. The code CHAR(10) corresponds to a line break. When using these codes in a formula, they are not enclosed in quotes. Find more characters at this link here

Using your example -

=[Column1]1 +CHAR(10)+ [Column2]2 + ": "+ CHAR(10) + [Column3]3 + ": "+ [Column4]4+ " I inserted this just to demonstrate you can mix column fields, codes, and text strings"

Will this work for you?

Kelly

Answers

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/26/22 Answer ✓
    Options

Hey @Vineet

I think you are referring to a line break. The code CHAR(10) corresponds to a line break. When using these codes in a formula, they are not enclosed in quotes. Find more characters at this link here

Using your example -

=[Column1]1 +CHAR(10)+ [Column2]2 + ": "+ CHAR(10) + [Column3]3 + ": "+ [Column4]4+ " I inserted this just to demonstrate you can mix column fields, codes, and text strings"

Will this work for you?

Kelly

• Vineet
    Options

Thank you Kelly for answering the Question. Yes, it is working for me. Thank you so much !!!