Has anyone turned into the Employee Onboarding template into a rollup format?

Options
dhall
dhall ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm working on a project for Employee Onboarding. After discussing with stakeholders, I think the Employee Onboarding template (Setup: New Employee Onboarding - Smartsheet.com) is a great start, however it doesn't meet some of the needs we are looking to cover.

I'm reaching out to the community to see if anyone has done this previously, and if so, how'd you do it?

1) Have a roll-up dashboard that pulls information from ALL Onboarding Employee sheets.

1a) We would have a workspace for Onboarding, a Master folder for upper management, and then just the sheets, reports, and dashboards would be shared with the individual.

1b) Then we will have a dashboard per employee, but also a dashboard summarizing all employees considered in onboarding that only upper management could see.

2) Extend this out beyond 30-days. Our Onboarding process for certain teams is upwards to 90 days (3-months) before we consider them to be independent with little intervention.

2a) If I add tasks that extend beyond the 30 days, will it affect any other parts of this dashboard/reports? Or am I good to just rename them and add in the tasks that are beyond the 30 days?

Answers

• Dawn Armfield
    Options

@dhall I am working on the same thing currently. Will be following this thread - if I figure something out I will let you know what I do.

• JCluff
    JCluff ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @dhall

There is a lot here to consider. If you don't have any of the premium apps like Control Center then this process can be fairly manual. Without building the solution for you, here are some things I would recommend:

• Once you have your base sheet, reports, and dashboard for employees put all of those in 1 folder and title it "Template". If you make a copy of a folder in Smartsheet then the items inside will keep the same linking, but with the new sheets. Once created you can move them out of the new folder and delete it.
    • Name your sheets {New Hire Name} - Employee Onboarding or something similar. Doing this will help you when using the Sheet Name in your reports.
    • To cut down on reports, build the onboarding employee reports using the filter [Contact Column] has any of [Current User]
    • To avoid having to manually update the sheets to include in a report, have the report look at a workspace with all the sheets in it. Use filters to narrow down what sheets the report will reference.
    • Create 2-3 buildouts with fake data for employees. Use these to design your management dashboards.
    • Sheet Summaries will be your friend when creating roll-up data in a report for charts.

Hope this helps. Best of luck to you!

• ahetrick
    Options

Is there any way to have the 30 Day Employee Onboarding Sheet, Today's Tasks, and Late items be specific to one new hire but have the dashboard display data from multiple 30 Day Employee Onboarding Sheets? And could you drill down to a specific new hire and team from that dashboard?

I would like the dashboard to be more for management so that they can see where all new hires are in there immersion training and be able to drill down by a specific person and team.