Global Update Troubleshooting

Options
Abdul Tahlil
Abdul Tahlil ✭✭✭✭
edited 03/24/23 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hi I was hoping someone could help me with a Global Update Problem.

I have created a Global Update for the Project Dashboards for a Control Center Solution. The Dashboards have all been updated, however, the links to the Project Dashboards in the Intake sheet are all corrupted.

Is there an way to re-establish the link to the Project Dashboard in the Intake Sheet?

Thank you!

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    edited 03/27/23
    Options

Hey @Abdul Tahlil

Global Updates to Dashboards add the new update to the already existing Dashboard, meaning that the URLs to the Dashboard (and the Dashboard IDs) do not change with the update. This should keep your links in the Intake Sheet live so they are always linking out to your current, live Dashboards.

Can you clarify what you mean by the links are "corrupted"? Is it possible that you may have ran the test Global Update without applying it to all Dashboards?

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Abdul Tahlil
    Abdul Tahlil ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Genevieve P.

Thank you for your response. When I initially ran the Global Update, the window where you are to select the dashboards needing updating prompted me to "choose a dashboard", as though the original project dashboards weren't available.

When I chose the Project Dashboard, I think Control Center created entirely new Dashboards for the projects instead of updating the existing one, creating an error in the links.

I had to manually relink the new project dashboards. I never had an issue with Global Updates until this attempt. Not sure if I did something wrong either to the blueprint, template, or Global update configuration.

Best.

Abdul

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @Abdul Tahlil

Global Updates to Dashboards will ask you to first Test the update on one single Dashboard. Could this be the "choose a dashboard" page you mentioned?

After you've chosen a dashboard and applied a test update, there will be a prompt to Open Test Dashboard.

Only once you've open up the Test Dashboard (which will be a new Dashboard) can you click "Confirm" in the bottom right corner to then select and apply the update to all your actual Dashboards. The new, test Dashboard will then be deleted and put in your Deleted folder.

Is there a possibility that you may have opened the Test Dashboard without coming back to click "Confirm" to apply the change to all your other Dashboards? This Test Dashboard will look identical to your real ones, but it will have a different URL that's not linked in your Intake sheet.

Let me know if this helped or not!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Abdul Tahlil
    Abdul Tahlil ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks @Genevieve P.

I may have missed the step to confirm. I'll keep an eye out next time. Thanks for the help!

Best.

Abdul

• Genevieve P.
    Options

No problem! 🙂