Description/help text on dynamic view not displaying

Options
Frank B.
Frank B. ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello all, I built a dynamic view and added fields with description/help text but these are not showing in the view. Has anyone else experienced this, how did you get them to show?

Thanks,

Frank

Tags:

Best Answer

• Frank B.
    Frank B. ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Update from Smartsheet Support:

Upon checking here on the backend, I have found out that we have received multiple reports from users getting the same issue with the description/help text not showing in the Dynamic View and this is currently being investigated by our Engineering Team. I have submitted your case as part of the documentation of the said issue.

As of now, we don’t have an ETA on the permanent fix of the issue. We appreciate your patience with us regarding this and rest assured that our Engineering Team is on top of this matter.

Just to set a proper expectation, you may receive a System-generated notification that this ticket has been closed. However, this is only due to the fact your ticket is marked as one of the impacted users for this incident. Please be on the lookout for a separate email regarding the status of the issue confirming a fix or resolution.

**Hope that this will be resolved soon.

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are you able to provide screenshots for context?

• Frank B.
    Frank B. ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is it possible there is another Dynamic View? If you have confirmed you are definitely looking at the same Dynamic View, you may need to reach out to support.

• Frank B.
    Frank B. ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Update from Smartsheet Support:

Upon checking here on the backend, I have found out that we have received multiple reports from users getting the same issue with the description/help text not showing in the Dynamic View and this is currently being investigated by our Engineering Team. I have submitted your case as part of the documentation of the said issue.

As of now, we don’t have an ETA on the permanent fix of the issue. We appreciate your patience with us regarding this and rest assured that our Engineering Team is on top of this matter.

Just to set a proper expectation, you may receive a System-generated notification that this ticket has been closed. However, this is only due to the fact your ticket is marked as one of the impacted users for this incident. Please be on the lookout for a separate email regarding the status of the issue confirming a fix or resolution.

**Hope that this will be resolved soon.