Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Formula to indent row

Options

Hello! Id love to be able to "automate" a simple indent/outdent function.

My hope is to have a formula that says if "column A" value = Child, then indent that row

8 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Sherry Fox
    Sherry Fox ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Nick Pistotti ,

I am basically doing many parent/child tasks manually. We highlight the parent row, but not the child. That is the the one I remember most, but there are others. Down the far right side, there is a column with either parent/child. All of the sheet formulas populate based on this information. But I would love to add the indentions to the list!

Sherry Fox

Business System Data Analyst

Del-Air Heating, Air Conditioning, Plumbing and Electrical

EAP | Mobilizer | Automagician | Superstar | Community Champion

https://www.linkedin.com/in/sherryfox/

• InvitedChaos
    Options

This would be amazing! I'm trying to automate a purchase req system right now and struggling to work around the issue of multiple-line requests needing to be under a single ID. It's PAINFUL. If there an automation to duplicate the line based on a cell value, maybe with a particular cell value copied to create the child, and make the original line its parent, that would solve SO MANY ISSUES my company is having with using SS to automate our manufacturing and administrative processes.

If you do implement this, PLEASE ADD IT TO THE GOV SIDE AS WELL. I understand the cause of the limitations and rollout lag, but's so painful to miss out on some of the best features.