Dashboard PDF

Options

Is it possible to automate sending a PDF version of the dashboard to a group or manually selecting something to send a PDF of the dashboard to a group?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Judy Tropper

Unfortunately, it's not possible at the moment, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment.

As a possible workaround, you could maybe use a 3rd party solution or take a screenshot and have a workflow in a sheet that automates the send out.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Jake Gustafson
    Jake Gustafson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is this still the case? I don't see an option to export a PDF of a Dashboard. I saw an older Community post, was hopeful that something had changed in the last 3 years. Workaround would be to print (Save as PDF) and send the PDF out. Could probably look into automating that process. 1) Access Dashboard, 2) File - Print - Printer (Save as PDF) - Save, 3) Send E-mail with PDF attachment (or link to SharePoint location where the PDF was stored).

I know what you're thinking - isn't the point of the Dashboard to have real-time data? Right, but there are users who don't have the option to access digitally, so they need to share the data with a weekly hard copy.

• garth.reynolds
    Options

Exactly the same as you, i have no real need to continuously display live data and am using the dashboard to create vibrant reports to display quarterly monthly reviews etc. and am also still baffled why 'save as PDF' is not a function in dashboards or reports? I have submitted an enhancement request but not sure how prompt they are at responding to these?

• Nixi
    Nixi ✭✭
    Options

I too have this requirement, I'd like all reports to be automated to PDF and saved or emailed on a Friday - not to have to open each of the 30+ reports and print to PDF - there are a number of open suggestions for this functionality - do we know if it is in the pipeline smartsheet?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Nixi

I hope you're well and safe!

It's in the pipeline!

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.