Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Deleting columns in conditional formatting

Options

Currently, deleting a column used in a conditional formatting condition requires you to go into the rule and manually remove the column. Would love to have SmartSheet prompt you to confirm you mean to delete, then remove those columns from the rule without having to manually update it.

27 votes

On Radar · Last Updated

While auto-removing deleted columns from conditional formatting rules is not part of our current plan, we appreciate you sharing it. Please keep commenting on this and other ideation posts that interest you. Thank you!

Comments

• Rick Olsen
    Rick Olsen âś­âś­âś­âś­
    Options

Agreed, this can be a total pain to find the one or more rules that have to be removed.

• Jake Gustafson
    Jake Gustafson âś­âś­âś­âś­âś­âś­
    Options

Agreed. Total pain. Could even pinpoint what rule to tend to. But certainly, would rather it delete the column and verify that you want to do what you're doing.

• D Gray
    D Gray âś­âś­
    Options

WE NEED THIS FEATURE!!! I have a lot of conditional formatting and we have evolved our sheet quite a bit so I wanted to delete columns but I don't want to delete the rules I have built or hunt for it in each rule.

• Carson Penticuff
    Carson Penticuff âś­âś­âś­âś­âś­âś­
    Options

I 100% agree. I have spent a great deal of time checking and rechecking multiple conditional format rules when attempting to delete a column. When you are working with a sheet with 30-50 rules, this can be extremely time consuming.