2»

Comments

• john.delaney100311
    Options

Sooner the better!

• mtp105
    mtp105 ✭✭
    Options

Agreed with all these comments. I'm assuming adding constraint types would eliminate the automatic deletion of predecessors when a start or finish date are changed. Since we are asking team members to update their tasks with accurate expected start or completion dates, we do not want the predecessors to be automatically deleted, losing the relationship in case the predecessor dates also change, and also just being able to maintain history of predecessor dependencies. I have seen very few projects where all the successors start as soon as the predecessors are completed. I understand we can use lags, but that's not easy for team members to do on a daily basis as work plans are fluid. Team members need to be able to update start, duration, or finish dates without predecessors being deleted, or without having to change only the start or duration to enter the desired finish date. If we have the constraints listed above in the OP, this should allow finish dates to be changed and have the durations or start dates update automatically per the updated finish date (and without removing predecessors). I hope!