How to add sources to the charts on a dashboard

Is it possible to provide a footnote to source data in a chart/graph on a dashboard? I have it as a rich text box but we have many charts/graphs and I would like to have the sources linked directly to them so things can be moved around easily.

Answers

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭

When you edit the Widget. There is an option for Widget Behavior. There you can link the source sheet.

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with any of the buttons below. Awesome🖤, Insightful💡, Upvote⬆️, or accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

• @Mark Poole Thank you Mark! I was meaning more of a footnote though. The data sources are internal documents that aren't made public. I am hoping to state the source of the data (the company name and report name) while not providing the document itself. For example including the text "Data source: Company name monthly report"

Thank you!

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Anonymous2023

Sadly there isn't a feature to add a footnote to a Widget yet. I would though I think it is a REALLY good idea. Perhaps share it with the community. Here - https://community.smartsheet.com/categories/smartsheet-product-feedback-%26-ideas . As A Workaround the only option I could see is to add it to the title, or what your already doing.

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with any of the buttons below. Awesome🖤, Insightful💡, Upvote⬆️, or accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/06/24

@Anonymous2023

I just so happened to be in the Dashboard webinar today. I asked the questions there as well.

the answer to the question about moving more then one widget together at a time.

"You can't permanently link them together like a "group" functionality, but you can ctrl+click to select more than one widget at a time to move them together, or click + drag to select an area of items to select as a group."

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Absolutely. That is what us here in the community do for each other.