Issues with Automation Lately?

This past week, automation has been a little off. One sheet's automation is sending notifications regardless if it follows the criteria or not. And another is sending it anytime any change is made regardless of criteria as well.

Is anyone else having issues with automation? This issue hasn't happened until this past Friday and the automation criteria hasn't changed in the past 3 months.

Answers

• Zachary Ziegler
    Zachary Ziegler ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you post the trigger that keeps happening regardless of the criteria? I have not had any issues like this lately but I might be able to help troubleshoot if I can see how it works.

• Hi! The trigger is set when a due date is reached in a set column and the conditions are if the checkbox is not checked and the quantity is not filled out/blank.

When the automation gets sent out it even says in the details there is a QTY filled out for these, so unsure why it's sending.

• Zachary Ziegler
    Zachary Ziegler ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe you can edit your trigger to something like this, where the condition to trigger is in the Condition box instead of the Trigger box. That way, once a day, it checks against the rules instead of when it's deciding whether or not to trigger the check. If it triggers the check and fails the condition, it goes straight to the Otherwise and does not send the request, but if it succeeds the condition then it can move forward. You will of course want to change the Start field to Due Date but try deactivating your current workflow, then adding that condition to the others in the second box after setting the check to run each day or at a time interval of your choice.

• Thank you Zachary! I'll try that out 😊

• Zachary Ziegler
    Zachary Ziegler ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll keep an eye out on the thread, let me know if this stops it from going out unnecessarily next time in the meantime