October Question of the Month - Join the conversation and receive a badge

Comments

• I'm not scared of not knowing because the Smartsheet community is there to help me.

Last time: today, to include critical tasks in a project dashboard. Thanks to the community.

• Meg Y
    Meg Y ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I am not scared of mistakes because life is all about learning.

If you are learning then you are living!

Meg Young
    mmyoungconsulting@gmail.com

If this answer resolves your question, please help the Community by marking it as an accepted answer. I'd also be grateful for your response - "Insightful"or "Awesome" reactions are much appreciated. Thanks!

• Humashankar
    Humashankar ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not scared of AI ethics debates because I prioritize transparency and accountability similar to Smartsheet

Huma

Community Leader

• Andy_B
    Andy_B ✭✭✭✭

I'm not scared of trying new things because that is how we grow.

• I am not scared of questions, because questions help me explore what is done and what can be done and helps everyone's understanding.

• NRJW53
    NRJW53 ✭✭✭

I am not scared of dogs because I adopted one of my own. Since i was a kid until I was in high school I was always very afraid of dogs. Even after I grew up I was still nervous to be around them. I now have a 2 year old cocker spaniel and have had so much fun learning the ins and outs of being a pet owner. Glad to have a new best friend.

• Laurie D
    Laurie D ✭✭✭

I am not scared of taking on new assignments at work, even when I initially have no idea how it is supposed to work, because I have learned that I really can learn things even when I don't think I can. I have really learned this with Smartsheet. When I attended Engage a couple of years ago, I had not had an opportunity to use Smartsheet other than to enter things on sheets that others had built. I found the process fascinating and became obsessed (my husband's word) and I have become a main go to person for SmartSheet. My boss had given me an assignment for a workflow build when I get back, to take with me to Engage so I had context to apply the things I was learning to. I was very nervous but now I know that you can teach old dogs new tricks. 😄

• I’m not scared of failure because you only fail if you never try.

• Sing C
    Sing C ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I am not scared of taking a risk or trying something new because, as Wayne Gretsky said:

"We miss with 100% of the shots we don't take."

Sing Chen

Process Architect, Dayforce

LinkedIn

• ksd
    ksd ✭✭

I am not scared of being alone because I am selectively social. 🙃

A selectively social amante del cafe ☕️

• I am not scared of taking a leap because I have to do what is best for me and put myself first. I switched industries after 15 years and couldn't be happier!

• rshelnutt
    rshelnutt ✭✭✭✭

I am not scared of change, because change can bring incredible growth.

• JHickey
    JHickey ✭✭✭

I am not scared of Learning because I Can Conquer Any Challenge.

I apply this to both my personal and professional lives. I've learned so much in the last 8 years and taken my career to places I couldn't even imagine when I was a 20-something trying to figure out what to do with my life and decided, literally on a whim, to go into a healthcare related field.

• Zachary Ziegler
    Zachary Ziegler ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not scared of rejection because I believe in my resilience and my own worth.

• Fill in the blanks: I am not scared of __________ because ________. (Pull from your personal or professional life.)

Hmm. Being transparent, fear has held me back a lot in life. As someone who deals with chronic anxiety, there is a certain comfort in Anxiety and staying in that controllable "bubble." So, in order to answer this question, I really wanted to be honest with myself and the community. Mental health is huge in the US, and therapy has helped immensely.

My answer?

I am not scared of the future because I know that I will be just fine. Every day is a new day, and I will remind myself that baby steps are STILL steps in the right direction.

Thank you for posing this question for us.