Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Webform Question

Amina
Amina
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Is there a way to save an entry (or record) in a webform and then come back to it to complete it?  I believe the answer is no, but please reply anway since the question has been brought to me.  Thank you.

Tags:

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Amina,

Save it?

No.

However, if your users are accessing the WebForm from a link and entering the data via a browser, they can just leave the window open before they finish and click "Submit"

Craig

• Thanks, but I think they want to have time  to respond to the various questions before submitting (smile).  I explained that this was not like a program where you have an account setup and can open and close at will.  I told them right.  Thanks Craig.

Amina

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

AppSheet may be a possibility. It is a 3rd party App that builds on top of Smartsheet or other spreadsheet stored on-line.

The Smartsheet WebForm is (currently) a new-row data entry mechanism.

What you are looking for is more a row-enabled access - "that's MY row - I want to update it!" but Smartsheet is not there, yet.  Some of the newer features has me suspecting this is on their longer term roadmap.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.