Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
Hi SM Team,
What's the latest for this feature ? Is it possible to lock a single cell ?
Thanks in advance for your answer
Hello Declan,
Thank you for contacting Smartsheet Support. At this time, Smartsheet does not support this functionality to lock a single cell; however, I have added a vote for this to our Enhancement Request list for our product team to consider for future versions of the software.
We typically communicate about new or improved features once they've been released. Depending on the nature of the changes, we announce through email, in-product messaging, or via announcements on the Smartsheet Community(https://community.smartsheet.com) website.
At any time, you can see a list of past updates in our Release Notes(https://www.smartsheet.com/release-notes) on the Smartsheet website.
If you'd like to help us further improve Smartsheet with ideas on how Smartsheet could be better, or have other users vote for this functionality, please contact us here: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form?EQBCT=739aa75f30ca43a8a22eb53e4da7d409
If possible provide as detailed information as possible about your feature enhancement request, including how you use Smartsheet, and how your request would save you time.
Please let me know if you have further questions on this.
Kind Regards,
AlisonSmartsheet Support
Please add my vote as well.
Hello Kimberley,
Thanks for letting me know that you'd also like this feature!
Feel free to add any votes to our "Submit Product Enhancement Request" link under "Quick Links" to the right-hand side of this page.
Kind regards,
Add my vote too please - this is a feature that's been requested many times over the past few years.
Thanks you.
In regards to locking a single cell:For our purposes what is desperately needed is the ability to lock a row and then 'unlock' a 1 or more columns so editors could update (e.g. '% complete' or 'end date'). This scenario would disallow standard editors from editing, deleting or moving the row, but update a 1 or more specific columns.
My company needs this feature as well!! Please add!!
Over 6 plus years later and hundreds of votes and suggestions on this forum and still no traction on this. Great!!
I have a business account and have had for 6 years or so. I had to reset my google password manager this week due to an issue with a workspace account. I've just tried to login to smartsheet using 'login with google' and its made me a new smartsheet account with the same email. I've tried deleting this free account but I…
I have an automation copying rows from a source sheet to a destination sheet. The destination has additional columns that do not exist in the source. Those destination columns are set to centered and not bold, but newly copied rows come in bold and/or not centered, while others are fine. Columns are Text/Number Conditional…
In my Project Plan sheet, there's a link labelled Project Plan. When someone clicks it, I'd like nothing to happen. Ideally, it would still look like a clickable link but wouldn't open anything.