Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
Is there a way to preview attachments rather than needing to download each time? It seems that this requirement has been raised for a number of years now.
Hello,
Smartsheet supports previewing images and PDFs without downloading them - as long as they are uploaded from your computer. Images will open in a pop-up window and PDFs will open in a new browser tab.
You can find more information on attachments in these articles from the Help Center: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/518404-deleting-editing-versioning-attachments? and https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/504760-downloading-viewing-attachments?
The ability to preview other file types is not supported at this time but please submit a product enhancement request to let our Product team know if you'd like the ability preview other types of attachments. Be sure and detail the specific file types that you would like to preview. The product enhancement request form is located in the Quick Links section to the right of this discussion.
Good afternoon,
I viewed both articles in the links above, and neither of them say how to do the preview option. Mine always download (because of how I have Chrome set), but my coworker is always prompted to save the document.
Is there a preview option in the works for PDF/Word/etc?
Blessings,
Loann
Example from my work - I really would appreciate the ability to preview Excel sheets so we can tell if the document submitted is our new Fiscal Year 24 form or the "old" fiscal year forms that we are rejecting.
Is there an existing enhancement request for this? If yes, when/how can I "upvote" that request?
Thanks!
Hi @virgh
I don't believe another member has created an Idea post yet to vote on regarding opening a preview of an Excel file (similar to the current PDF previews).
Please feel free to submit your feature request to the Product team by creating an Idea Post in the Smartsheet Product Feedback and Ideas topic here in the Community.
Cheers,
Genevieve
I have a business account and have had for 6 years or so. I had to reset my google password manager this week due to an issue with a workspace account. I've just tried to login to smartsheet using 'login with google' and its made me a new smartsheet account with the same email. I've tried deleting this free account but I…
I have an automation copying rows from a source sheet to a destination sheet. The destination has additional columns that do not exist in the source. Those destination columns are set to centered and not bold, but newly copied rows come in bold and/or not centered, while others are fine. Columns are Text/Number Conditional…
In my Project Plan sheet, there's a link labelled Project Plan. When someone clicks it, I'd like nothing to happen. Ideally, it would still look like a clickable link but wouldn't open anything.