Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Archived 2015 Posts

Archives for May 2015

Discussion List

• Workspace Notifications - not individual sheets
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    I dont believe this is possible and if you not i'd like to request this as a feature. Some of my workspaces can have up to 28 or 30 sheets in them, all related to the same project.     As the owner i would like to be notified of any ch…
    67 16
    Closed 67 views 16 comments Most recent by ker9 Archived 2015 Posts
  • cant add or hide column
    In Archived 2015 Posts
      I have the majority of functions greyed out. Screenshot attached. Any suggestions?
    1940 3
    Closed 1.9K views 3 comments Most recent by Shaine Greenwood Archived 2015 Posts
  • Max number of rows?
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    What is the maximum number of rows for a sheet? I'm getting errors when uploading but I don't know what the limit is.   Also, are there any workarounds to the limit?   Thank you.
    3173 20
    Closed 3.2K views 20 comments Most recent by greg.arnson87966 Archived 2015 Posts
  • Want sum calculation in report - Formulas in reports?
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    Does anyone know if there is a way to add a formula for a report?   What I want to do is sum the values of a column for all rows returned for a report and to add some sort of highlight when the sum exceed a certain value.  Specifically, …
    2626 43
    Closed 2.6K views 43 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Archived 2015 Posts
  • exact match formula in Smartsheet
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    Hi, has anyone had any luck using an exact match formula is Smartsheet? I have two columns that have text in them. I want the 3rd column to tell me if column 1 and 2 are an exact match or not. I know how to do it in excel =Exact(A1:B1) bu…
    448 3
    Closed 448 views 3 comments Most recent by klolcg Archived 2015 Posts
  • Pull Down Menu Options from Common Source/Sheet
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    All,    I am using Smartsheets to track time, and have run into an issue that I have to believe there is a workaround for. We need our associates to track their time with specific job and client IDs. This can be done by making the time tr…
    BPI Profile Photo BPI
    115 2
    Closed 115 views 2 comments Most recent by BPI Archived 2015 Posts
  • Order value based on price breaks
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    Hi,   I have ~30 products each with four price breaks and I need to determine the value for each order (a single product type is listed per row) based on the ordered quantity and its associated price break.   The really clunky method I…
    12 4
    Closed 12 views 4 comments Most recent by Steven Edwards Archived 2015 Posts
  • Preparing the Process
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    Hi to everyone I would like share with others users my questions about peparing the sheet for organize the jobs of the company where I work to see what are you guys think about this subject. I have to organize and follow every job of the…
    13 1
    Closed 13 views 1 comment Most recent by JamesR Archived 2015 Posts
  • Drop down list data from column in another sheet
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    Hello Users,   I am very new to SS and was wondering how I might go about achieving the ability to link a cells data to an entire column in another sheet.  For example, I have a "Current Jobs" sheet and a "Distributors&quo…
    7148 93
    Closed 7.1K views 93 comments Most recent by Richard Rymill SBP Archived 2015 Posts
  • Web Form Check Box Option
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    Hi All!    I am creating a web form for Volunteer Applications for our organization. I need to include a field which allows the applicant to choose from a list of helpful skills and hobbies which they have. I want to allow them to choos…
    42 1
    Closed 42 views 1 comment Most recent by JamesR Archived 2015 Posts