Attachemnts from email

Hi, I have just within the last week started using Smartsheet.

I would appreciate help with this flow:

We would like to have a sheet listing all the attachments coming with mails the projects is receiving.

I have made a flow with “Insert row” in Smartsheet from Outlook “when a new mail arrives in a shared mailbox”.

The attachment is listed, but how do I attach the attachment, so that I can open and read it.

Any help is appreciated. 

Tags:

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Anne NO

Welcome to the Community! 🙂

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're using the Smartsheet for Outlook Add-In to transfer emails as new rows in your Smartsheet Sheet, and you'd like the email's attachments included on that row as well.

In this case, email attachments will also be uploaded to the row by default through the Add-In. When you go to add the new row, there should be checkboxes that you can select or de-select next to the attachment names to identify if you want them included in Smartsheet.

See the tab "Add Emails & Email Attachments to Rows" in this Help Article: Smartsheet for Outlook Add-in

In Smartsheet, you should then be able to either review the attachment in a pop-up Preview window, or download the file to your computer to review (depending on file-type).

If I've misunderstood your question, would you be able to post screen captures? (But please block out sensitive data).

Thanks!

Genevieve

• Anne NO
    Anne NO ✭✭

H Genevieve,

Thank you for your swift answer. It works perfektly on my personal mail.

I'm first and foremost using a shared mailbox in my work with the email's attachments.

I'm not able to download the Smartsheet Outlook Add-in to the shared mailbox.

Do I have to uninstall the add-in from my personal mailaccount and then reinstall on the shared mailbox account?

Best regards

Anne NO

• Genevieve P.

Hi @Anne NO

Does this other shared email address have an associated Smartsheet account and log in?

• Anne NO
    Anne NO ✭✭

Hi Genevieve,

Yes, the other account has an associated Smartsheet account and log in

• Genevieve P.

Hi @Anne NO

Thanks for confirming! I'm unsure why it wouldn't work on a different email / outlook account. I will note that delegate access Outlook accounts are not supported - is it possible this shared email is a delegate access account?

There's also a list of supported outlook versions and account types can be found in our documentation.

If you can confirm that the other account should be supported, you may want to reach out to Support, providing a video recording of your issue and explaining how your shared outlook account is set-up.

Cheers,

Genevieve