Adding updates to cells

Hello everyone

I need some assistance in updating individual cells. Listed below are columns, each one pertaining to external software tools we check daily. The rows are network elements. If a tool is ready, my team would mark the cell, corresponding to that network element with a Y to indicate it's ready. N is not ready and P is pending.

When a tool is not ready N, it can sit in that state for several days, but my team checks these tools daily. The checks we do is not captured in our sheet, therefore we are not getting credit for this work.

Is there a way to update each cell with a date of last checked? Or is there some other marking that I can add to each column or cell?

I also have a "last updated" column in this sheet, comments field, etc. But these only capture updates done on that row not the individual cells updated.

On the backend, I have another sheet that collects updates and takes into account any changes on Y, N, and P.

Any information you can provide would be helpful.

Thanks.

Answers

• DKazatsky
    DKazatsky ✭✭✭

Hi Cristian,

I think you would need to add a "last updated" column next to every tool column you already have in order to achieve this.

Or, more simply, instead of using "N", you could use "N - {last checked date}" although I don't know if you have reporting tied to the "N" status.

Hope this helps.

Dave

• Cristian
    Cristian ✭✭✭✭

Can you explain a. It more on N - {last checked date} ?

I think this would be helpful and solve my issue.

thanks.

• DKazatsky
    DKazatsky ✭✭✭

I just meant you would type in the value of the last checked date manually so instead of the value being "N" it would be "N = 1/30/23". This will cause issues if you are currently reporting against the "N" value.