How to get attachment in the Alert Notification

Options
Kaveri Vipat
Kaveri Vipat ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to send the attachment to the other team member, my condition in the sheet is if the person checked the box in the sheet, the manager should receive the notification along with the attachment, which is attached to the row, but in my case, the attachment is not showing in the mail. Please suggest to me some way to achieve this.

Thanks for the help!

Thanks,

Kaveri Vipat

Senior Associate - Smartsheet Development, Ignatiuz Software

2023 Core Product Certified

Did this answer help you? Show some love by marking this answer as "Insightful💡" or "Awesome❤️" and "Vote Up⬆️"

Tags:

Best Answer

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Kaveri Vipat

I hope you're well and safe!

If the attachment triggers the Alert, you can include it, but if it's not, you'd have to use an Update Request to include it.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Kaveri Vipat

Just seen this question and wanted to add, if there is an attachment on the row, you can include it in a Notification by using the option Links to sheet and specific fields from the options below the Message Body:

This won't discern between multiple attachments, but it will send them with the notification.

Hope this helps

Debbie

• Dheeraj Goyal
    Options

Hi @Debbie Sawyer

I am selecting this option, still the mail won't show attachments! Have you tried it? Just wanted to know if I missing something?

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi@Dheeraj Goyal

Yes, I have done this many times and it works as expected.

Might your system administrator have set a global rule for not allowing attachments maybe? I think there might be something in the Admin Center which controls attachments?

May be worth checking there?

Kind regards

Debbie