Restricting view of a Dynamic View based on report

Options

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is a way to restrict view of a dynamic view with filter where the dynamic view is based on a report?

I'm using smartsheet report to generate aggregate data from multiple sheets and then I wanted to restrict views similarly to what I can do using sheet filters (Settings/General). However, reports don't have capability to store saved filters such as sheets so there is no option in Dynamic View Settings to restrict view with filter.

Is there any good workaround for this problem? Perhaps somehow generating the aggregate data in a sheet rather than a report?

Thank you in advance for any help!

Tomasz

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @tkaczoro

I hope you're well and safe!

Wouldn't it work if you set the conditions in the report to mirror what the filter does?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• tkaczoro
    Options

Hi @Andrée Starå,

Thanks for your response, hope you are well too!

Unfortunately, it wouldn't. This is because I want to create multiple dynamic views from the same aggregate report, each with different view restriction. As I'm thinking about scaling, it could potentially be many dynamic views in future.

I will probably need to create those dynamic views based on individual sheets that make up the aggregate report. However, given that dynamic views don't allow to change source sheet (!), I will need to be re-creating several dynamic views per each new individual sheet I will be adding to the system in future.

Best regards,

Tomasz