Desktop app now generally available

Options
2»

Comments

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Lekshmi Unnithan Looking forward to see what they can produce. Having the ability to open tabs at the same time would make this a dream come true. I miss the olden days when I can open 5-10 tabs and work on each one closing them, ensuring that I made the changes on each.

• PeterR
    PeterR ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Can Smartsheet weblinks in emails (i.e. links in Smartsheet notification emails) open in the desktop app? Currently they open in the web browser as usual. Having switched to the smartsheet desktop app it would be helpful to have links open in the app as well rather than routing to a new tab in the browser.

• David Goshorn
    David Goshorn ✭✭✭
    edited 03/10/23
    Options

Is there a way to disable the invasive advertisement for this when our users are in Smartsheet? We have a locked-down environment (we're in healthcare) and users can't install apps on their systems without IT service desk involvement. We have a few hundred users in Smartsheet. We don't want them calling the service desk to get this installed.

• jmhoward
    jmhoward ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

At my company we will soon be using SSO via Microsoft My Apps. I've been testing the SSO to ensure it works as expected. It works very well with the Smartsheet web version, but it doesn't seem to work as well with the desktop app, as it asks users to sign in separately from the SSO. Has anyone else run into this issue with the desktop app?

Thanks!

• abutler
    abutler ✭✭
    Options

I have my most commonly used forms and sheets bookmarked in my explorer for easy access. Having this functionality in the App would be beneficial. I use my own forms for simplified data entry. It takes about 5 times longer to navigate to a sheet, and then open the form vs. clicking a bookmark at the top of my browser. Same goes for sheets. Bookmarked in browser vs. open the app, navigate through workspaces and multiple subfolders to access a sheet.

• Kyle Chipman
    Kyle Chipman Overachievers
    Options

@Lekshmi Unnithan Just jumping in to throw a burst of appreciation the team's way for the desktop app. It's so lovely to have a dedicated area purely for Smartsheet, and the performance improvement on my machine not chewing up so much RAM through browser tabs is doubly appreciated. Thank you all for rolling out this product!

An emerging opportunity working in the app would be solving for viewing multiple tabs side-by-side, as flagged by others (multiple instances of the application). It's always kind of a buzzkill to bring a browser window up next to the app when working. Happy to provide more context to this thought if it feel like a valuable pursuit.

Again, big thanks to the team for the effort and the rollout.

• u.brinkrode98571
    Options

Hello team,

We are currently in the process of integrating the app into our software environment. Unfortunately, the Smartsheet app cannot be used here because it is only available to a limited extent.

Please don't get us wrong, we like Smartsheet software. Unfortunately, the implementation of the app is not optimal for our work.

At this point a decision would be necessary: either a functioning app or no app. Everything in between just annoys customers.

Happy Holidays and a happy new year 2024

Uwe