Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Resource Management: Regional Public Holidays

Options
rshiers
rshiers ✭✭✭✭

Official Public Holidays in Resource Management are not helpful when team members work across different states or countries. The ability to define Public Holidays based on team member location (automatically would be best) is needed. The Location of each team member is defined in their profile. Use this to update the public holidays that apply to them.

20 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Mark Ryan
    Mark Ryan Overachievers
    Options

Yes! This would be huge for me!

• Vivien Chong
    Vivien Chong ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Currently we have to upload the public holiday dates one by one into the Resource Management.

Can we have a bulk update/import for public holidays for easy yearly updates?

Over here in Malaysia, we have many holidays all year round and it is rather time consuming to input one date a time.

I am not sure if this idea has been listed, if yes, please add my vote to it. I am unable to scroll through all the ideas to avoid duplicate, and I did not see any Resource Management item being tagged yet. Thanks.

• SaraKL
    SaraKL ✭✭
    Options

We have about 100 employees in a variety of regions. We would love to be able to add Official Holidays based on Location (as reference above) and set official holidays applicable to Location.

Alternatively, but less desirable is to have a Leave option which could be assigned to a group based on their location (rather than just discipline and role). However, this requires someone to manually go in for each and every holiday across the globe every year.

• JamesB
    JamesB ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Resource Manager and Smartsheet needs a much higher level of integration. When Creating accounts in Smartsheet I can select if they are a Group Admin, or a Resource Viewer for internal to SS. We should also see a selection to add them to RM when a user is required to be a part of that platform. RM should be using the account created in SS to create/maintain the account in RM. RM should also be able to pull the defined Holidays from SS automatically.