Index/Match vertical Report

Aimee Colton
Aimee Colton ✭✭✭✭
edited 02/06/23 in Formulas and Functions

Hello,

I have a form for people to submit dinner menus for themselves and for up to 11 guests (but there would be 12 children as the primary contact meal would be a child as well), plus drinks. This forms feed into a sheet that has 74 potential columns of information. As you can imagine, it is too large to really see anything.

I found this thread - https://community.smartsheet.com/discussion/86632/create-report-with-text-from-multiple-columns-but-stacked-vertically-in-rows and attempted to build a separate sheet to create vertical report.

Ideally, the new report would look like this

I created the helper column but then got stuck trying to pull through the other information. I tried using this formula =INDEX({UB23 - Guests and Food Range}, MATCH([Primary Contact]@row),{Helper Column},0), MATCH([Primary Column]@row,{Top Row},0)). With no luck.

Any help/information you could provide that would be great.

Thanks

Answers

• Colleen Patterson
    Colleen Patterson ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Aimee,

At what point are you getting stuck? Would you be able to just use the group by within the reporting feature to eliminate the helper column? See example below.

Smartsheet Community Champion and Ambassador

If my answer helped you, please be sure to mark it as Accepted to help future learners locate the information.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!