Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Conditional Formulas

Hi, I'm working on a sheet and I'm trying to have a row be highlighted if it is before or after a set date but I can't seem to figure out the formula for that.  My sheet is set up so that I have a column for the start date, a column for the end date, a column for the actual date it was completed, and a column that I will use for the formatting that has flags.  This is the formula that I have come up with so far:

=IF(([Start Date]1 > [Actual Date]1, "0", "1")OR([End Date]1 < [Actual Date]1, "0", "1"))

But after that I'm stuck.  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!!

Tags:

Comments

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I tried to reinterpret your formula there... But the following one should work if those requirements are correct. Basically, the logic of my formula is:  

IF the Start Date is greater than the Actual Completion Date,

OR the End date is less than the actual date,

THEN set a flag,

ELSE, no flag. 

=IF(OR([Start Date]1 > [Actual Date]1, [End Date]1 <  [Actual Date]1), 1, 0)

Let us know if that works. 

• Laura
    Laura ✭✭✭✭✭✭

If I'm understanding your request, You can also use conditional formatting for the highlighting. 

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Too apply conditional formatting, click on the highlighted button in the screenshot. You will be able to apply highlighting to your rows based on the date.  

2017-06-08_08-37-51.jpg

This discussion has been closed.