Automated requests for approval occasionally not working.

I have an automation that sends approval requests weekly. I have received feedback from a recipient that in some instances, when clicking "Open Request," they get a notification that the "link has already been used or was cancelled." When I check the cell history in the corresponding sheet, it shows that same person either accepted or declined.

Additionally, I do not receive email notifications of the request being approved or denied, as prescribed in the accompanying workflow. Also, in one case, a cell had shown an approved request (confirmed approval outside Smartsheet) as being marked denied.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Answers

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@JonathanT

My first guess is that the person receiving the approval requests has problems managing their emails properly and they've completed a request but not filed it away or deleted it like they were supposed to and they've become lost in the shuffle. I use this feature quite a bit and never have that problem.

What do you mean by you should be getting email notifications of the approval? Please show the automation workflow for that for how you have it set up.

• I get the email alerts of approval or denial because they are triggered by the recipient approving or denying a request. I will double check with the recipient to make sure they are not clicking on old emails. There are dozens that go out at once, so human error is understandable.