Is there a way to get the date into metric sheet

Joseph Aloysias
Joseph Aloysias ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 02/16/23 in Smartsheet Basics

I want to copy the preferred delivery date to metric sheet as per today's date

Is there a way I can show this dates in metric sheet.

I tried Index match formula but its not working in this case as there will more orders for the same product name.

Please help me to solve this

Tags:

Answers

• Ipshita
    Ipshita ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Domnic Victor - One easy but a time consuming way out is cell linking the dates to the Metric sheet. That way, when the dates change/update in your source sheet, they also get updated in your Metrics sheet which is ultimately helpful if you are trying to chart the data in a dashboard.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Ipshita

Ipshita Mukherjee

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/16/23

Hi @Domnic Victor

I hope you're well and safe!

Could you maybe copy the row on the day's date?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Joseph Aloysias
    Joseph Aloysias ✭✭✭✭✭

In the order request we will be getting orders daily, for example for Begal Bread there will be more orders in the same day, I want to have consolidated orders for the products and date is very important.

I tried preparing reports but if we group by products its showing multiple line items for the same product and give the summary.

What I wanted is product name, total qty requested and preferred delivery date