Needing Reminders to only contain information for 1 row

Options

Hey smartsheet community.

I am hoping someone has come across this and has a solution. I am trying to create reminders on a sheet that if certain criteria has been meet, to be sent out to an approver for a process that they still need to give their approval. (FYI, the approval is not done via smartsheet.) When I test my reminder, it sends a notice to the correct recipient, however it includes the information for multiple rows on the sheet that meet the criteria.

What I am needing is for a separate notice to be sent out, per each row, where the criteria has been met and to be sent out to that specific approver as I have it listed in that row.

Any thoughts here?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Nicholas Beste

I hope you're well and safe!

Try adding/using the Placeholder feature.

Placeholders will generate separate notifications when using placeholders with Alert or Update Request actions in change-based workflows if six or fewer rows are triggered simultaneously. The custom subject and body will be removed if seven or more rows are triggered at once.

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Nicholas Beste
    Options

Thank you for your comment. But I am using a placeholder in my message. It still included the placeholder (name of reviewer) and the message for multiple rows. How do I get a 1:1 solution? One notification for one row.