Smartsheet automatically switching from Browser version to Desktop App load screen

Options

Hi All,

I previously had the desktop app installed on my PC but chose to uninstall it as I prefer to work with the browser version (I work with multiple monitors and the Desktop app does not support that).

For no apparent reason, yesterday, while I was actively working in the browser version - the screen randomly refreshed, closed my session, logged me out of Smartsheet and displayed the message shown below:

It seems as though something is causing me to be logged out and then I am having the desktop version forced on me. I absolutely do not want to use the desktop version.

I am forced to select the (very small) "Continue in browser" link - and then log back in.

This continued for the rest of the day and is has continued on through today from my very first login. I have had the browser version shut itself off numerous times today. I have reached the point where this has now officially become a problem for me.

As mentioned, the app was uninstalled (via windows "apps and features - uninstall") and I am using Chrome as my browser. Am I missing something? Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can stop this from happening? Why is Smartsheet trying to get me to open an App that has been removed from my computer?

Thanks,

Kyle

Best Answer

• Kyle Morgan
    Kyle Morgan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

UPDATE:

I figured it out!

The Smartsheet Desktop App adds and extension to your browser(s).

I deleted the extension from my browsers and that seems to have solved the issue.

Currently doing the 'walk of shame' because I did not think of this sooner 🙃

Answers