Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Increase decimal points

Currently, the allowable amount of decimal points is 5. We (and other users in the forum) need more for precise information. The number of decimal points should be increased to a minimum of 10. However, it could certainly be argued that, when dealing with super-critical accuracy of numbers, the amount of decimal points should be unlimited.

7 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Hi Product Team:

It seems Smartsheet can only recognize 5 decimals, while I might need to have up to 10 decimals in extreme cases. Is it possible to make Smartsheet recognize 10 decimals?

Thanks

• I require at least 6 decimal places for accurate records. I had no idea this limitation even existed in Smartsheet prior to today, believing it functioned enough like excel that this would not be an issue. At only 5 decimal places my data will not align to the needed data set, nor will the formulas produce accurate values. This is a real problem and may force me to stop using Smartsheet for this particular function. (which causes other issues in our already defined processes and access) Can anything be done here? Do we just wait for enough 'votes' for this to become something that is fixed?

I also didn't know there was a voting system for improvements until today, and I have been a Smartsheet user for many years. This does not instill confidence in the waiting for votes system for fixes to occur.

• I am making a sheet to keep track of specific numbers that are calculated and the decimal place is limited to a max of 5 characters. Some of the numbers im working with have 8-10 decimal places, so i am unable to use smartsheet because it rounds these numbers