Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Function "Current User"

Options

Of course, the information about the current user is already available in the system, after all we can access it via filter. But I miss a function that would allow identifying "Currentuser()" via formula. I'm making individual dashboards and would like to generate personalized statistics for each user, which are automatically available when they access the dashboard, but I can't find an objective way to do that.

25 votes

On Radar · Last Updated

Dynamically updating a dashboard is a good idea and one we're currently thinking about. While this function-based method hasn't been considered, we appreciate you sharing your feedback. Please keep commenting on this and other ideation posts that interest you!

Comments

• TravisK
    TravisK âś­âś­âś­
    Options

I would also love this. I could make a personalized dashboard for projects assigned to the viewer. We can already use a report to show only the lines where the contact is equal the current user. However it would be nice to make some metrics such as: Total open cases for Current User.

It would also be nice to use it to personalize text fields, such as: ="Welcome, " + [Current User].

• Jamie Kang
    Jamie Kang âś­âś­âś­
    Options

Definitely agree! We really need to have this so we don't need to build a dashboard for each of the execs who only want to see projects statistics where they are a sponsor!

• Mike E
    Mike E âś­âś­âś­
    Options

Even having a filter that kind of juxaposes the current user filter would be handy, especially for a supervisor that wants a single report for their team which is filtered based on who's viewing it, but the supervisor would want to use the exact same report to see EVERYone's items without needing a separate duplicate report or without needing to add another column for a list of contacts that are 'super users' (or whatever you want to call them) that should be allowed to see all items in the report.

If [Current User] [is any of] [selected users]

vs

If [Contact List Field] [is any of] [selected users/current user]

• Amy Flores C
    Amy Flores C âś­âś­âś­
    Options

I feel like the best way would be similar to @cell or @row make it @user

Honestly, I thought that it was a thing at one point. But maybe I just dreamt it?

• Lucas Rayala
    Lucas Rayala âś­âś­âś­âś­âś­âś­
    Options

In all for this—it offers a way to consolidate sheets.

• Julie F
    Julie F âś­âś­
    Options

I can't figure out a way to vote, but my vote is a YESSSSSS!