Help Needed: Workflow not triggering

CrystalGail
CrystalGail ✭✭
edited 02/23/23 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello!

I am new to Smartsheet as of last month. I found a website showing me how to send a notification when a predecessor's status is setup to "Complete": https://www.ignatiuz.com/blog/smartsheet/notifying-a-task-owner-when-predecessor-gets-completed-in-smartsheet/

Here is my setup:

Row ID Column:

Predecessor Copy Column:

Predecessor Value Column:

Predecessor Status Column:

All workflows:

Misbehaving workflow :(

I get a notification when I hit Run Now all to me:

I also got notified when hit Run Now without selecting it be sent to me:

Let me know if I should provide anymore details to get help.

Thanks!!

Answers

• Ipshita
    Ipshita ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @CrystalGail

Let me try and help you - first of all, have you checked if the other contacts in the column "Assigned To" have received the same notification as you? Next, here is how your workflow should run - you can use the template as below -

If you are using "Send to contacts in a cell" make sure the Assigned To column is a Contacts column type and that your email is not tagged inside it. Also, check for the permission settings in the workflow -

Hope this helps,

Let me know if you need more help,

Cheers!

Ipshita

Ipshita Mukherjee

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @CrystalGail

I hope you're well and safe!

Ensure that you've checked the Sheet Change Notification Settings box to Include my changes in sheet notifications in your Personal Settings (circle/profile in the lower-left corner).

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• I created the workflow from a template and it works. Weird that I can't create it from scratch with the exact same settings and it not work. Oh well. Thanks for the help everyone!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@CrystalGail

Excellent!

Happy to help!

Please support the Community by marking the post(s) that helped or answered your question or solved your problem with the accepted answer/helpful, Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.